Since we have returned, we have been working with the First Nations DTS (see picture). The students have finished the lecture phase and are now on St. Lawrence Island doing their outreach portion. They will return from the island May 18th. Our next DTS will start on June 6. Kevin and I will be more involved in the DTS this time. Currently, we have 7 students for the next class. Our base is committed to St. Lawrence Island and we will be returning there for our outreaches. Kevin will be flying to the island next week to visit the team. He is also working to help replace/fix the boiler at the Presbyterian Church in Savoonga. He is planning on returning sometime this summer with a group of people from Homer to complete this project.
God is continually providing this ministry with additional places to go and relationships to build. We will be going to the village of Tetlin in June for the initial visit. Our group has also established a relationship with the Kodiak Baptist Mission on Kodiak Island. We will be going there at the end of July/early August to help insulate a home that has been donated. The mission would like to have a team from YWAM Arctic Mercy move to the island to help them. The island will be a place for short term mission trips and for DTS outreaches. God is so faithful!
The kids are doing great. Cheyenne will be with us in May/June. She will start the 9th grade in the fall and will be a part of the drill team. Josh will still homeschool, but will be taking band and English at the middle school. He will be involved in extracurricular sports. Amanda will be going to kindergarten at the Christian Coop at our church in the fall. Sam is growing like and weed, and hopefully potty training. All the kids are growing in their relationship with the Lord daily.
God has been so good to us. He provides everything that we need. Yesterday, I was walking out of my room to go to the restroom (on the other side of the building) and realized how happy we are here (in two rooms). I realized that all the "stuff" we had back in Texas, didn't really make us happy. God is what makes us happy - along with wonderful family and friends. We love each one of you and miss you terribly. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. They are very important to us. God Bless. Sherri
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Life if Busy - God is Good!
Posted by Kevin, Sherri, and the Kids Cooley at 6:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Enjoyed this latest report. I am always excited to find any email or blog from my kids in Alaska. I will be praying for all of you as Kevin goes to St. Lawrence Island and Sherri and the kids keep the home fires burning. I love you all very very much. Mom/Mema/Dana
Hi guys, glad to finally see an update.... I am excited for Kevin and his trip, I know he will enjoy his time there with friends and serving. It is so wonderful to hear how God is using you and your group.
I am still working on a short term mission trip with my life group for next year... pray for us. I can't wait to see you guys and we miss you so much. I love you all. I'll make sure not to loose the package on the way there.
In Christ, k
Hey guys! It's good to see your pictures and read your blog! We are doing well. We've shipped our stuff to Africa and plan to head there the first week of May. It's exciting! Sounds like ya'll are having a great time in Alaska. Hope to see you again soon!
I'm very excited for you guys! Your an incredible testimony and blessing! I love you and miss you. I still continue to pray for you often and am excited when I get updates. I truly enjoy seeing everything God is doing in and through you. Keep in touch and thank you again for keeping me posted.
Blessings,
Twila
Post a Comment