CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 08, 2006

The weekend is here

Well we made it through another incredible week. We had a speaker this week named Rod Wilson. He spoke this week on Spiritual Warfare. WOW it was awesome. We are just exhausted. This will be a week that will take a while to process completly. The two older kids are enjoying their time back in Texas, but we really miss them. Our 8 week outreach has been decided on. We are going to St. Lawrence Island. This is an Island of Yupiks in the Bering Sea, between the US and Russia. It is 38 miles from the Russian Coast. The Island is one of the most remote places in the world. They have a church exsistence there, but they have been without a full time pastor for quite some time. They have a high rate of suicide there among teens as well as drug and alcohol abuse. It is a remote island and all accounts indicate to us that is is a lonely forgotten place. WE ARE EXCITED. We feel, as a base, that the Lord has sovereignly directed us in this direction. The entire team of people, staff and students alike, came to this base and this DTS with a heart for these people. Please keep us in your prayers. God Bless You Kevin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This sounds excitng and scary. This will be such a huge responsiblity, and a blessing too. What are the dates of your outreach? You know I will be praying for you. I wanted to share with you that I have this bear charm and have been wearing it continuously and when I look at it I throw up a quick pray for you, (that means the whole clan). I love and miss you. Yak, yak! karo (going on line now to see this place)

Anonymous said...

The outreach plans sound exciting, but also a true test of your calling. They won't know what hit them when the Cooley Clan gets off the plane or boat. Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Heard yall was in town sorry I missed ya. God bless yall and hope yall are doing well.

I will keep ya in my prayers!

Jordan