CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 29, 2006

IDENTITY IN CHRIST

This last week has been really good! We have been learning what our identity in Christ is. It is awesome to learn that our identity in Christ is perfect and sinless! I'm sure most of you are like me and have heard this before, but this week the speaker really drove it home for me. He started the week talking about the tabernacle and the significance of it. The significance being that in the times of Moses, only the High Priest was allowed into the Holy of Holies. Everyone else had to stand behind walls & curtains and listen for the sounds of the bells attached to the ankle of the priest. If the priest did not consecrate himself correctly, he would die and the people would be in a state of mourning. Today, because of Christ's death & the tearing of the veil -- EACH and EVERYONE of us is allowed into the Holy of Holies -- to have the intimate personal contact with God. How amazing is that?

We are leaving tomorrow (Sunday) morning for Pedro Bay. It is a small village of about 60 people. We will be there till next Saturday doing ministry, helping move the church and encouraging the only missionaries there. We are very excited about this opportunity. Please be praying for safe travel and for the Lord to do amazing things through us while we are there.

God Bless, Sherri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Ones! You are all in my prayers as you make your way to Pedro Bay. I will be thinking about you and praying for you all week.....as I do every day and night. I love you all with all my heart and can't wait to see you in two weeks. Love.......M

Anonymous said...

Perfect and sinless... I can't even really conceive of ever being. Such a wonderful gift from our Lord. When I think of the things He has done for us I am so blown away... humbled.

I have been praying for you and will continue. I hope you have an incredible time in Pedro Bay. May God be glorified by your time there. I love you all. km

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I spent tonight looking through all the posts I have missed. It sounds like you are experiencing the experience of a life time. What a blessing. I will keep you in my prayers. Just know that you are loved and missed back here in God's other country.

Lisa