CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 07, 2006

Pedro Bay


This last week we were in the village of Pedro Bay. This village is in the "bush" of Alaska. There are only 60 people in the village. The only way to access the village is either by plane or by boat. The village sits in a valley on Lake Iliamna, which is 100 miles long. While we were there, we helped the missionaries, Chris & Mary Sanners, move from their home to the new home/church. They are an amazing couple. They have been missionaries for twenty something years. They have 8 children. We were very blessed to be there to help them in any way we could. We also had a time of intercession each evening. We had "night watches" which consisted of two people praying for one hour during the night, from 11pm - 5am. God really spoke to us during this time. I was a little concerned about getting up and praying in the middle of night, but this is really when God shows up - when we least expect it. The girls did really well! They enjoyed throwing rocks in the lake, walking in the water puddles, and playing with the Sanner children. We miss everyone and are looking forward to our family visiting us in the next couple of weeks. Sherri -- p.s. the picture is an arial shot of Pedro Bay on the flight into the village.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing journey God has you on! I was excited to hear about your trip & I'm glad everything went so well. I know you are looking forward to seeing your mom & Josh getting back. I can't wait to hear how God provides for your outreach. Praying for you always!
Carla