CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 27, 2006

St. lawrence Island, Alaska


Osiyo(Cherokee for Hello),

We pray that all of you are well. It is Sunday the 27th of August and we leave for St. Lawrence Island on the 1st of September. We are all very excited for this chance to go and serve the people of this Island, off the coast of Alaska in the Bering Sea. We have completed the lecture phase of our DTS and now we go to "work". The picture above is our outreach team. This is an amazing group of people from all around the US and Canada. Please remember to "pray for us daily that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Jesus Christ...." Col. 4:2-3.

As most of you know we will not have cell phone service or Internet service, but we will have a telephone. We will leave our number with and contact regularly our mothers, Chey, Josh's dad, and our mission team leader at our church, New Hope. We will ask them to send out update emails weekly to keep you up to date on our activities.

We love all of you and look so forward to our return to Homer to check our emails and phone calls.

God bless you, Keivn, Sherri and the Kids

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! It is so exciting to see you with the team. I love the photo. Please let them know I will pray for each of you by name, I just have one problem.... is the girl next to Sherri, Natalie and I can't remember the name of the tall guy by you Kevin. I look forward to hearing what all God does to you and through each one of you during this adventure, and following Him is just that. I love you k

Anonymous said...

Jeremy? Is that right?

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Love the pics you sent out! You will continue to be in my prayers as God does His work through you. Keep your eyes towards the Heavens - you can't go wrong.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cooley's! I know you won't get to read this for a hwile, but I wanted you to know we are praying for you. Sherri, I miss you! Yes Kevin, I miss you & the kiddos too! Pray your outreach is awesome & that lives are being changed! Thank you for being an inspiration & willing to let God use you to expand His Kingdom!
Love ya & Miss ya!
The Shaws