Sorry it has been awhile since we have made a post. Over the last few weeks, we have had several visitors. Both memas and aunt Karo came to visit us. As soon as mema Carol left, then the others showed up. It was an amazing time and we are so glad that we got to spend time with them. I hope they enjoyed Homer as much as we do. We have also been preparing for our 8 week outreach. We will be leaving next Thursday for Anchorage, to pick up last minute things. Our flight leaves Anchorage on Friday morning at 6:40. We will land on St. Lawrence Island about 4 in the afternoon. First, we will be staying in the village of Savoonga and then in the village of Gamble for one month each. We will be doing some teachings for the adults and either a vacation bible school or an after school program for the children. Everyone is really excited about going, even the kids. Thank you to everyone who has supported us through prayer and by supporting us financially. If it wasn't for all of you -- we wouldn't be able to be here following the call that God has placed on our lives.
While there, we will not have any internet service or cell phone service. We will make sure that an e-mail is sent out to let everyone know how we are doing. Please be praying for our safe travel and for the Lord to use us in mighty ways while on the island.
We have committed to stay at the Homer base for the next two years. We will be returning to Texas in the month of December. We are really excited about what God has in store for us! Love ya, Sherri
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Counting Down!
Posted by Kevin, Sherri, and the Kids Cooley at 9:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I loved Homer. Alaska rocks! I can see why you are happy there. I really loved seeing you and meeting all the young people you will be spending your life with for the next 2 years. We will definitly be praying for you all and your outreach. That is so exciting. Thank everyone again for their hospitality. We love you and can't wait to hear how all goes on St Lawrence. Kiss the kids for me, and give them my love. (Good luck with the 2 year old!) I love you!
Repeating what Karo said, I loved Homer also and yes, Alaska rocks. Tell all your friends I said Hello and thank them for making us feel so welcome there. I won't forget to keep all of you and your mission in my prayers. Love to you all! Mema Dana
Post a Comment