CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Necessity....

To help defray the cost of groceries, I have been baking bread for the family. It has truly been a learning experience. It is something that I thought would be easy. However, I have learned that making it is easy, getting it to rise and making it look pretty are two different things. Today, I made the first batch that actually looked pretty. I have had trouble in the past with the loaves falling in the middle. I just wanted everyone to see my accomplishment.


6 comments:

Jen Price said...

Oh, how I understand the rising thing. I had a bread machine in the states which was WONDERFUL! But here in Africa I don't. I haven't had much luck with getting bread to rise here. I don't know if the yeast is different or what.

It's cool to see how you guys are gardening and making fresh, homemade stuff. You're speaking my language!

Anonymous said...

As someone who has tasted your bread... looks don't really matter. It is all about the butter melt factor. Your bread is delicious!

John, Carla & Rae Shaw said...

Looks yummy! You are doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys. I am sitting here in Springfield, Ohio with my friend, Jerri Barnstable, showing her your blog and all your wonderful produce. We would love to have one of your Salmon sandwiches on some of that delicious bread. I agree with Karen that looks aren't that important unless you are the one making it. Looks like you are getting there though, Sherri. We are having a wonderful time here getting lost and looking for interesting things to see and do. Love you all much. Mema Dana

Michelle H. said...

Hey Girl!

I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I am so happy to see that you are doing well and using the wonderful things that God has given you to provide for the family.

I miss you tons!
Michelle Henderson

Michelle H. said...

Hey Girl!

I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I am so happy to see you use the wonderful things that God has given you.

I miss you tons!
Michelle Henderson