We have spent most of the summer getting ready for the winter. We have been gardening all summer long. A couple of ladies in town have graciously let us help them in their garden and share in the proceeds. Today, we went and picked raspberries. We will be making jam soon. Raspberry is the kids favorite. We also picked black courrants (??). I'm going to try and make a pie with them as well as make some jelly. I've never made jelly before, just jams , so this will be fun. I hope to never buy jelly/jam in the store again.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ahhh...you guys are making me so jealous! I am so ready to start a garden here! I have to wait until after this staff conference we are hosting. Life is much too busy until then. I've been doing lots of research, though, on what I can plant here right now. I'm so excited and your gardening posts make me even more excited!
I will be watching for my raspberry jam/jelly to arrive by mail. I do LOVE raspberries......
Post a Comment