Hope everybody is doing well. We have been very busy, but the Lord is really working in our lives. Today, for community outreach, we walked through town carrying a cross. The purpose of the walk was to make us step outside of our comfort zone to evangelize to the community, as well as to intercede for the town of Homer. The person with the cross was about 50-100 ft ahead of everyone else. When we began discussing this, I became very anxious. I didn't want anything to do with this. I was afraid of what people might think or what people might say to me and how I would respond to that. This anxiousness caused me to become easily irritated. The person carrying the cross was in the lead and was following the Holy Spirit as to where to go. Kevin went first. As we were walking, I became irritated because I was usually at the back, pushing two beautiful little girls in a double stroller. Anyway, we were following Christine down a big hill and I told Kevin that I was worried because we had to walk back up the same hill later, since we had already walked several miles. At the bottom of the hill, we stopped. Christine picked me to follow her. As I picked up the cross, God told me to go left, which meant walking back up the hill we had just gone down. I argued with him, but He persisted. As I put the cross up on my shoulder, all the anxiety I felt just melted away. As I began walking, God began to speak to me about doing things through His strength. I knew I couldn't do it on my own, it would take Him to help me walk it out. During the walk, I felt pride that I was able to do this for the Lord and felt no shame or embarassment for carrying the cross. I was able to carry the cross all the way to the top of the hill without any problems. We should all pick up our cross and follow Him, no matter the circumstances or our emotions. All He wants is a relationship with us and obedience when He asks us to do something. Sherri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's just sooo very cool! I love hearing all that God is doing in your lives. Talk about stepping outside your comfort zone! You're way far away from home, a totally different climate & probably culture too! Yet, He keeps expanding your comfort zone & you keep obeying! How awesome! We all need to learn through what ya'll are going through. Thanks for sharing!
Love ya & miss ya!
Carla (Carla C!!)
Sherri, honey you have moved me to tears (surprise). This is such a beautiful story and again confirms how this move was the right thing. (You would not believe this but I have picked a favored verse and started writing the address on the inside of my left wrist. The one I have had there all week has been Phil 4:13. I just thought it interesting) I LOVE seeing God work in your life!!! I love you,k
I just had another thought... With the little ones there, they witnessed you doing this and are learning at a young age to never be embarrassed of the Lord. Cool!
What a wonderful experience the Crosswalk must have been. I am envious of your experiences of feeling and seeing the Lord work in your lives.
NOW I know how to respond on the blog.
I love you guys! Love my babies for me. Mema D
Post a Comment